- Become a leading seminary
- Optimize the use of web-based and mobile technology in delivering customizable and affordable theological education
- Build a dynamic web presence--one that becomes integral to JCSTS' institutional advancement, recruitment, and communications efforts
- Be responsible stewards of the heritage of the Black Church, and interpret that heritage for today's culture rendering it understandable, relevant, and actionable for new generations of African-Americans and for members of other racial-ethnic groups, alike
- Enroll and serve a diverse student body, giving particular attention to prospective students from underserved communities
- Be a voice for justice in the PCUSA and in the world
- Advocate for additional and accelerated paths to ordination in the PCUSA
- Prepare students for the economic realities of today's Church and equip them with tools to be bi-vocational or tent-makers
- Be institutionally nimble and financially strong
- Collaborate innovatively with seminaries, undergraduate schools, and other partner organizations.
JCSTS welcomes your input as it blazes new trails in the beautiful endeavor of theological education. Please click here to fill out a brief form to help us provide you with better service.
Johnson C. Smith Theological Seminary is one of the ten theological institutions of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).